Precise Shooter is looking for great people!
If you are a shooting enthusiast who has made selling firearms a career choice,
and are excited about building a million dollar business into a ten million dollar business, we would
love to hear from you! Though currently we are not actively hiring, we do like to keep a few
people who love firearms in mind, should a vacancy open up. So read below, and if you are interested,
shoot us your resume!
Precise Shooter is the area's fastest growing gun store. We are still in startup mode,
but we are well capitalized, and we would like to expand to cover the areas north, south,
and east of Seattle.
We believe in automation, so we can use computers to reduce mundane tasks while meticulously
complying with firearms regulation at the state and federal level. Because record-keeping
is highly automated, our stores employ far fewer employees than a comparably-sized gun stores
would need, thus allowing us to keep our prices low and employee compensation high.
We offer excellent pay, including bonus depending on sales at your location (you WILL make
more here than at any gun store anywhere else in the state, and probably in the country)
and excellent benefits:
- Two weeks of paid vacation
- Nine days of paid holidays every year
- One week of sick time off per year
- Free food
- Deep discounts on firearms and ammunition
We are also genuinely interested in investing in your growth. In a startup, you WILL be
wearing many hats, and accumulating a lot more diverse experiences than you would at
a typical shop. If you are up to it, we would love to teach you significant skills
including web development, building social networks, doing research on firearms accuracy
(including mathematics involved in data analysis), and more.
We are looking for people who would like to make firearms their full-time career choice.
if you are looking for a casual job which will help you build your collection, this place
is not for you.
Basic qualifications, in priority order
- You must be meticulous in following many laws and regulation in firearms business. Gun stores
go out of business most often because they fail to follow the law.
- You must be honest. If a mistake is made, it is usually easiest to address it as soon
as possible, and for that we need to know right away. Hiding mistakes as well as any
other examples of dishonesty is grounds for immediate termination at Precise Shooter.
- You must be humble, be able to recognize that all of us know only a small percentage
of what there is to know, and be able to admit it to yourself, coworkers, and
customers. We do not support an arrogant, know-it-all attitude which is often present
in gun stores
- You must be able to leave your politics and religion at home. Forcing your religious
and/or political opinions on customers or coworkers is grounds for immediate termination.
- You must be punctual and detail-oriented. We will give you considerable level of independence;
but with great power comes great responsibility
- You must be genuinely interested in firearms
- You must be genuinely interested in helping customers
- You must have non-trivial experience in shooting
Things that would help
- Competitive shooting experience
- Proficiency in reloading
- Ability to write without embarrassing grammar errors, especially when
it comes to gun terminology (it is a "muzzle brake", not "muzzle break")
- Rudimentary computer skills (for example, be able to install a printer driver, or change toner)
You can take a quick qualification test here to get an idea
of what we are looking for.
If you are interested and qualified, please drop us a resume at